Not Your Mama's Gluten-Free Lasagna Recipe #nimatested
Not Your Mama’s Gluten-Free Lasagna RecipeServes: 6 Prep time: 30 minutes Bake time: 50 minutes Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 c. farmer’s cheese (or ricotta)
- 1 c. fontina, shredded
- 1/8 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 package no-boil gluten-free lasagna noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Italian sausage and mushrooms to pan and cook until browned.
- While the meat cooks, stir together the farmer’s cheese, basil and fontina in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add frozen spinach to the meat mixture, and stir in until thawed.
- Add most of pasta sauce to pan and stir (save about 1/4 cup of sauce and set aside).
- Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Once meat sauce is done, start layering the lasagna in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Pour half of the pasta sauce you set aside in the bottom of the dish. Layer lasagna sheets until dish is covered on the bottom. Spoon out 1/3 of the meat sauce mixture on top of the lasagna sheets and spread evenly. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture evenly on top of the meat layer. Repeat layers until meat and cheese are gone. Top with a layer of lasagna sheets and the remaining pasta sauce.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Top with parmesan cheese and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Cut into six pieces and serve as you like. (I add more parmesan!)