Cozy festive socks, check. Steaming spiced tea, check. Deliciously warm gluten-free cookies, about to be checked! I don’t know about you, but I can eat gluten-free cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I’m newer to baking gluten-free so I’ve asked far and wide to find the best gluten-free cookie recipe. Great all year round, we’d like to share Libby’s, an honorary Nima fan, secret gluten-free sugar cookie recipe. I added Miss Jones Vanilla Buttercream Frosting for an extra treat and made mine into sandwich cookies.
Gluten-Free Cookies: Easy Sandwich Sugar Cookies
Servings: 18 sandwich cookies
Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus 1hour of cooling
- ¾ cup (6 oz) softened butter, salted
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour. We used King Arthur’s all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 jar of Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting. #NimaTested to be gluten-free!
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, then stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place tablespoon sized flattened balls of dough and place them 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet or roll the dough on a floured surface ¼ inch thick and use your favorite cookie cutter to cut some fun shapes.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Cool and roll on frosting to taste between two gooey cookies and voila, mouth-watering cookie sandwiches!
Enjoyed these mouth-watering gooey sandwich sugar cookies with a mug of gluten-free hot English tea with my record player playing some Frank Sinatra Christmas tunes. Happy me!