Gluten-Free Cookies: Easy Sandwich Sugar Cookies Recipe #nimatested
Gluten-Free Cookies: Easy Sandwich Sugar CookiesServings: 18 sandwich cookies Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes, plus 1hour of cooling Level: Easy Ingredients:
- ¾ cup (6 oz) softened butter, salted
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour. We used King Arthur’s all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 jar of Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting. #NimaTested to be gluten-free!
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, then stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place tablespoon sized flattened balls of dough and place them 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet or roll the dough on a floured surface ¼ inch thick and use your favorite cookie cutter to cut some fun shapes.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Cool and roll on frosting to taste between two gooey cookies and voila, mouth-watering cookie sandwiches!