Can you believe we’re already thinking about SXSW 2018 at Nima? All the submissions for PanelPicker sessions went live for public voting yesterday, and we’re getting psyched for all the potential for food, health and wellness content. We already combed through the submissions and selected the panels we’re excited to see. Cast your votes by August 25 to make sure your favorite topics get selected!
- The Future of Food: Science, Technology, and You – we love a good history lesson, especially when it works in food. We’re interested in hearing how we can learn from the past to build a healthier, more sustainable future.
- Shaping the Future of Bread – if you’ve never heard Nathan Myhrvold speak, Google him now and then vote to see him at SXSW. He’ll be discussing the science behind bread through personal research, experiments and baking. We’ve seen his latest book, “Modernist Bread,” and it’s gorgeous (it even has a Nima shoutout in it!).
- Diners, Restaurants & Sensors: Emerging Etiquette – What happens when diners bring technology into restaurants to test their food? What is the etiquette for both diners and restaurants in creating a new and enjoyable dining experience? Nima Head of Community Sho Takahashi, Forthright Cafe Marketing Manager Elizabeth Swail and Gluten Free & More‘s Managing Editor Erica Dermer (also of Celiac and the Beast) will discuss their experiences.
- A Progressive Food System through Gene Editing – Gene editing was a notable trend in health last year at SXSW, so we’re interested in hearing how it can impact our food system.
- Food Transparency in the Age of Alternative Facts – you say food transparency and we’re there. Dive into the force behind better ingredient and menu transparency at restaurants.
Health & Wellness
- Regulating the Digital Health Revolution – innovation moves fast, but the health care industry often moves slowly. Digital health has brought tension between regulatory bodies and startups bringing new tools to consumers looking to improve their health. Join Nima CEO Shireen Yates, Thryve CEO Richard Lin and EverlyWell CEO Julia Cheek for a discussion around how startups can work with regulatory bodies while still innovating at the speed of demand.
- Designing Healthcare: Putting People & Health First – we’re strong believers of customer-centric design at Nima, so any advice and tips on how we can better design for health are welcome.
- Biohacking Entrepreneurs: the Road to Health – Nima co-founder Scott Sundvor recently went on a personal journey to healing himself after struggling with his worst ulcerative colitis symptoms in years. Scott will give a frank and inspirational talk about balancing your health while building a company.
- Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare – AI, VR, blockchain, big data: stay on top of the tech that’s impacting healthcare tomorrow.
- Rx: Download This App – could an app replace a prescription drug? We are very curious to find out.
- Food for Fodor’s: Staying Healthy on the Road – we travel a lot, so we’re hoping for any tips we can use to maintain our health on the road.
What other sessions are you voting for?